Rams @ Packers
DFS Showdown Strategy
This is a tough one to pick apart because while we can project the likeliest game flow (Packers win, Rams struggle on offense, etc.), it’s hard to feel really strongly about any of the skill position players in the game, at least for me. All have their warts, which makes this a tough cash slate but a really fantastic tournament slate. Let’s look at some ways things could play out differently.
- I expect people will shy away from the Rams run game as large road underdogs and with an unpredictable split. So, one approach would be to lean into this uncertainty, betting on either the Rams keeping the game close, playing from ahead (Green Bay’s offense has not exactly been great this year), or that touchdown variance swings towards the running backs.
- I also expect ownership on the Packers side to cluster around Jones, Watson, Lazard, and Dillon, in that order. And they are the likeliest guys to hit. But mixing in guys like Cobb, Tonyan, and maybe even Doubs can earn you some significant differentiation.
In cash games, my player pool consists of Jones, Rodgers, Watson, Skowronek, and the kickers (no argument from me if you want to play Mayfield for the QB floor, but he’s like $800 to $1k overpriced so I’m okay not forcing him).
In tournaments, the best and most popular captain is going to be Jones, but I also want to be overweight on Watson, Lazard, Dillon, Akers, and Kyren.
Join ‘OWS Free’
No CC Required
OWS Free Members Have Access To:
- Game Breakdowns
- Critical stats and trends for key fantasy players in every game
- Weekly overview of the unique elements in each week’s slate
- Key pricing notes for DraftKings and FanDuel
- Inactives Email (Sunday, around 11:45 AM Eastern)